5 Reasons to Hire a Resume Writer
Anyone can write an attention-grabbing resume, right? After all, who knows you better than you?
Then you have to sit down in front of that blank screen.
And you wonder what to write.
Suddenly your mind is as blank as that screen. Scary, isn’t it?
I understand there are plenty of times when it’s a fine idea to try doing something yourself. You may know how to change the oil in your car, but it’s better to hire someone to fix your breaks. Trimming a strand or two of hair is fine, but you probably wouldn’t give yourself a haircut!
Writing your own resume isn’t one of those ‘do-it-yourself’ tasks that you should take on. Instead, hire a professional. Here are 5 really good reasons why it’s a good idea to hire a professional resume writer:
- Your resume is just too damn important - You need a new job, and you need it sooner rather than later. Your resume is the first step to getting that new job. Do you have the time or the inclination to mess around trying to get your resume right? Probably not. Hire a professional.
- It’s a great investment - A good resume costs a few hundred bucks. While that money isn’t easy to come by, it provides an outstanding return on investment. Even if you get a new job just one week sooner because you have a professionally written resume, your resume will pay for itself, and then some. If you get a better paying job because you started out with a better resume, the payoff will go on for years and years. Let’s see your 401(k) perform like that!
- Writing your own resume is a very hard chore – If you’re not experienced at highlighting professional strengths in a resume, it can be excruciatingly painful to draft an effective resume. Add to that the fact that writing about yourself, doing yourself justice, and putting it in a convincing, business tone is very difficult for professionals at all levels, it’s best to leave that task to someone who does it every day.
- Are you up on the latest resume optimization techniques? A resume is a critical career document, and there are many best practices that go into a successful resume. Keywords, links, structure, and word efficiency are very important in today’s resumes. It’s very important to optimize your resume for applicant tracking systems. If you’re not sure how this is done, leave it to an expert.
- You need to look like a pro! Have you invested in a new interview suit? Some new shoes? Maybe a new portfolio to bring on interviews? These are wise investments, as you need to present your best self on the job hunt. If your resume is not as professional looking as you need it to be, though, no one will see how great you look in your new suit because you’ll have trouble getting that first interview. Invest the money in a top-notch resume.
Some jobs are simply better left to a professional. One Great Resume is a personalized resume writing service that creates keyword rich resumes and cover letters to help you land the job you want. Hundreds of other One Great Resume clients have done just that, and you can, too.
Place your order today, and let’s get to work!
Principal and Resume Writer
One Great Resume LLC